gas conditioner question

Old 10-23-05, 08:58 AM
gas conditioner question

Is there a shelf life for Stabile,or any other gas conditioner? I have a bottle thats probably 3-4 years old(opened).
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-05, 07:31 PM
i think it should be infinite as long as it's kept sealed good.

Old 10-24-05, 05:18 AM
Thanks,
My thinking was, if it didn't have a long shelf life,then it could add to your woes of eliminating the effects of old gas.

Old 10-24-05, 11:39 AM
It states right on my Sta-bil bottle that the product can be used for 2 years after the container is opened. After that, your guess is as good as mine.

AZ

Old 10-24-05, 02:51 PM
It sounds to me that you are looking for a REconditioner. Are you? If so, you won't find one. Sta-Bil and all other fuel stabilizers merely help reduce varnishing of gasoline, not reinvigorate it. Once gasoline has gone bad there is no turning back time and making it fresh again. You will have to completely flush the fuel system and start out with a fresh, stabilized gas. Incidently, I have yet to find a stabilizer that is 100% effective. Yes, it does work very well but not necessarily completely. Running your stored equipment once a month for 10-15 minutes at full throttle is by far the best varnish vanish.