Help

Old 10-24-05, 07:25 AM
assemblo
Visiting Guest
Troy-Bilt blower vac problem

Hi everyone! I have a Troy-Bilt 31cc Gas Blower Vac, with the Spring Assisted Starting system. mo # TB320BV. I believe that my problem is with the spring assisted starting system. It was running fine and then it just died. When I pull the string I am getting alot of resistance and nothing is happening. It feels like the string isnt even turning the motor. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by cheese; 10-25-05 at 12:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-05, 02:56 PM
I have seen 2 or 3 of these in my shop and I am not impressed one bit with them. But, I also don't believe you have a rewind starter related problem as this should not cause the engine to "die". Perhaps only if it were to disintegrate and jam the flywheel but this is not likely. I wonder if you mixed the oil to fuel ratio incorrectly and now have a seized engine due to lack of lubrication!!! At what ratio did you mix the fuel?

Old 10-25-05, 05:55 AM
assemblo
Visiting Guest
The mixture is an almost perfect 40:1 ratio. The engine is not frozen. There is a fan on the end where the blower nozzle connects it seems to be the problem. (not turning freely)