Karcher g2400 power washer problem

Old 10-20-05, 03:26 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Karcher g2400 power washer problem

Hi I have a Karcher g2400 power washer with a Honda gc160 engine. New and has had little use.
Today when washing it starting running rough and died while under pressure. Then would not restart.
I found the plug was very carbon fouled, replaced the plug and it started but under load would die and would idle very rough unless choke was half closed. With the choke half closed it runs pretty smooth and does not die when under load. But move the choke toward off and it runs rough and dies even in idle.
Do I have a carb problem or a carb adjustment problem. How do you adjust the carb on this motor. I appreciate any help.

Old 10-20-05, 08:58 PM
probablly has a carb that has pre-set adjustments, and can't be adjusted, epa thing. did the air filter get wet? i'd try a new one first.

Old 10-21-05, 06:12 AM
S
thanks

I tried without the air cleaner, same result. I think you are right about the carb, the only adjustment I see is the idle air screw. Since the plug was carbon fouled is it possible that the spark arrester is fouled and restricting exhaust flow? Would that cause these symptoms?

Old 10-21-05, 05:46 PM
was the old plug a black dry carbon? it could be running rich. but you can take the carb off, and with some good cheap carb cleaner blow out all the holes of the carb, and just work it over good basically and try again. as for the spark arrestor, i would make sure thats clean as well. but for it to just start doing what its doing, don't think it would be that.

Old 10-22-05, 05:43 AM
S
Yes the carbon was black dry carbon, the spark arrester thing didn't pan out it doesn't have one. I'll try cleaning the carb, can't understand how it could clog up as it was running though.

Old 10-22-05, 09:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
I'm betting there's a bit of water in the bowl.

Old 10-23-05, 08:31 AM
S
Don't think water in bowl, I drained it 4 times, might be bad gas though. Have to put new gas in and try that, could have drawn off the bottom of the tank at the station I suppose...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: