Won't Crank Troy Bilt 2850 6.5 hp wont crank

Old 10-31-05, 02:32 PM
wcassets
Visiting Guest
Won't Crank Troy Bilt 2850 6.5 hp wont crank

I have a troy-bilt briggs/stranton that won't start. I Used it today for about 30 min. then it seemed as though it needed more gas and knocked off. When I pulled the starter coil it felt jammed and won't crank. What do I do?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-05, 07:57 PM
ok, the pull start was jammed.... well you'll have to take the shroud off to check it over good, take the shroud off of course, and pull on the pull cord while its in your hand, look at it, see if the rope may be jammed, and the little starter dogs are popping out. if thats ok, move on to checking the engine, there should be a bowl on top of the flywheel the dogs catch olt to, try to turn it while holding the handle lever up at top, that cuts it off. if it doesn't turn by hand easy, make sure the flywheel brake is in fact disengaging, if it isn't, thats the fault most likely, it grabs olt to the flywheel hard. if not then check the flywheel over for anything caught, move on to the blade underneath, make sure its in good shape, not bent and catching the deck, but it shouldn't be as long as nothing hard was hit. remove the spark plug wire before you try anything. and also make sure the oil is full, if its barely reading on the stick....well thats internal damage. anyway, does it have any warranty?