Earthquake auger Model E-43 recoil stuck

Old 11-01-05, 05:39 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Earthquake auger Model E-43 recoil stuck

I have a Earthquake Model E-43 gas auger and the recoil won't rewind the rope. Does anyone know if these can be taken apart and fixed. There is a screw in the center that if I try loosening it or tightening it, it just keeps on turning. The part # is 300430 for the recoil assembly. Would anyone have a price for this replacement part. Thanks in advance for your help. dave

Old 11-01-05, 09:06 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Sounds like the screw is stripped. I think I'd just replace the assembly. Sorry, don't have a price on it.

Old 11-02-05, 02:52 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I checked out their website and it appears that it does not have a common engine and furthermore, the starter housing is plastic. I'd say the housing (which the screw threads into) is what is stripped, not the screw. If you are possibly able to get just the housing, i'd go that route instead of having to buy the complete assembly.

Old 11-02-05, 04:47 AM
D
Thank you

Thank you very much for your help. I bought this auger at a local hardware store for fifty dollars regular two hundred twenty two dollars. It's brand new and has never been run. I figure if it doesn't cost much to fix it will have been worth it. What do you think, was it worth fifty...It was probably just a display model. I think I might try drilling the screw head off and try to loosen the screw and put in another screw. I can see the spring inside as it might have uncoiled. Again, appreciate the good help. dave

Old 11-02-05, 04:37 PM
D
I took the rewind assembly apart and the center screw is pressed in. I checked on the price of a replacement rewind assembly and it is $24.00. I am going to order one and be done with it. I don't like messing with those springs anyways. Again, I appreciate the good help. dave

Old 11-02-05, 10:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
A pressed in screw, huh? What next. I did mean the screw hole was stripped rather than the screw itself, lol. Well 24 bucks isn't bad, and you're still money ahead. Sounds like you got a decent deal.

Old 11-05-05, 10:07 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
If you told me you bought this for fifty fish, I'd say what truck did it fall off of! Heck of deal indeed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: