Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Troy Bilt-TB25CS string trimmer gas line

KY

11-06-05, 02:48 PM   #1  

Several months ago I noted the unit leaking fuel and noted one of two line at the bottom of fuel tank had slipped out. I pushed it back in and it seem to be fine for a couple uses, then started having starting problems and/or couldn't keep it running. Now can't start it at all. I have noticed two lengths of tubing inside the tank floating loose. One of the plastic lines had a small plastic/metal assembly at one end which I guess is a filter. How would I repair this or would I have to buy a whole new gas tank assembly. Thanks, in advance

Sponsored Links

11-06-05, 06:51 PM   #2  
mtd should have a filter and line kit for it.....is that filter still connected to the line, on down i mean, so it does filter fuel? if not it could've sucked some trash up. and no, don't need a new tank assembly, but you'll have to take the tank out to work on it. unless you could get something like a clip on it for right now, could hold the line in place.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-06-05, 10:45 PM   #3  
Most any small engine shop should have line for this trimmer. Just be sure to take a piece of the old line in to match up the size.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread