MTD Snoflite Snowblower Add-On Light

Old 11-10-05, 12:30 PM
andrisin
Visiting Guest
MTD Snoflite Snowblower Add-On Light

I have a MTD Snowflight snowblower with a 5.0 HP Tecumseh HS50 engine on it. I would like to add a light to the unit. Can I hook up a 12V light to this engine.

Any assistance would be enLIGHTening.

Thank you in advance for your help.

John

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-05, 02:44 PM
probablly doesn't have a stator under the fywheel for the engine to provide power, though if you have electric start, maybe.... that or a spot for a extra battery, mower battery, motorcycle battery would be the smallest, and use a trickle charger when not in use to keep the battery up.

Old 11-11-05, 09:07 AM
andrisin
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the reply......Yes it does have electric start.

Old 11-11-05, 02:47 PM
Tecumseh used to have one available but no longer does. That's not to say you can't find one however. The part number, If I recall correctly, is 611077. It would mount to a specially designed rewind starter housing and provided a 1-amp, 18-volt system. Enough for a light. If your starter housing is designed to accept such it will have a solid face with three small holes in a triagular shape.

Old 11-11-05, 07:59 PM
Up here in central BC we have found that the price of a generator and light is more than a light stand with two 500 watt halogens from costco. ($79.00)
You can see a quarter mile when you plug them in. They also swivel so you can point them anywhere. The costly little generator system from Tecumseh will dissapoint you methinks. I would never consider selling my customers one of those.

Mike