Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

gas blower

PA

11-13-05, 05:29 PM   #1  
gas blower

I believe my wife froze up stihl blower by run regular gas in it today....Is there any way to loosen it back up without rebuilding it....maybe putting some oil down the plug hole...Any idea's would be appreciated....I believe it is the best tool I own....Thanks

Sponsored Links

11-13-05, 08:27 PM   #2  
maybe marvel mystery oil, regular engine oil, 2 stroke oil, just let it soak for a long time, i'd also check the bore before you do for lots of scaring, if it has over 100 psi of compression, it might last you for a while if you do get it going. though you'll have to end up rebuilding or replacing later on. 90psi would be low, it'll be hard to start though. and one thing that i do kinda like to stress, is to make sure, and keep a can for just the 2 cycles, mark it good, and make sure to tell the person to use only that, if you have no more, just leave it alone till you mix some more up.

PA

11-14-05, 06:08 AM   #3  
I agree...I have a one gallon can I use for the blower with the mix info written on the can...I thinkI ran out of premix and before I restocked my wife filled up the blower...My fault...Thanks for the info....

Search this Thread