Tecumseh Carbeurator change.

Old 11-19-05, 12:55 PM
mikep10
Visiting Guest
Tecumseh Carbeurator change.

While changing the carbeurator on a Tecumseh TVS90-46008 engine both of the linkage wires fell off before I could mark them. I think one of them connects between one of the four holes on the throttle horn and governor, and the other connects between the governor and the speed selector. Both wires are shaped so it's obvious they must be place in a particuar position. Having no luck figuring it out.
Help!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-05, 05:25 PM
Stu
Visiting Guest
Smile

The long wire goes from the govenor arm to the throttle shaft, and wire with the
spring attached, spring end to gov arm, underneath long wire to control arm, outside hole. first fit the long wire (end with the straight bend down) to the throttle shaft. Then fit the wire with the spring attached to gov arm, spring goes in the second hole down from the top, and the wire end fitted from the underside of the control arm, outside hole. Now, holding carb, take the long wire
over the top of the other linkage to the gov arm, (top hole) and hook in from behind. Much easier to show people, than to try and write down. Hope you can understand?

Good Luck

Old 11-20-05, 03:45 PM
mikep10
Visiting Guest
I think I understand all except which hole do I use on the carb arm, there are 5 holes 4 small and one large. sure appreciate the help.
Mike Would appreciate a drawing of the carb link[[email protected]]

Old 11-20-05, 09:26 PM
Stu
Visiting Guest
Looking at the feul inlet side of the carb, on the throttle shaft there'll be 2 holes on the side closest to you and on the other side will be another 2 plus the big hole. The wire goes in the second hole on the side facing you, the one closest to the front of the engine.

Old 11-22-05, 08:41 AM
mikep10
Visiting Guest
Smile For STU Bingo.

That did it. Easy when you know how.
Just wanted to thank you.
Mike