Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman 358797130 Leaf Blower Adjustments

Visiting Guest

11-21-05, 06:32 AM   #1  
tafallon
Craftsman 358797130 Leaf Blower Adjustments

I have a Craftsman 358797130 Leaf Blower and am trying to figure out how to use the adjustment screws. Any ideas? Why would I adjust the screws?

My problem with the blower is that the engine does not idle well. Currently, I can't get the engine to start. I've dismantled the entire blower, including the carb. Cleaned everything, changed the plug and even replaced the fuel assembly. The engine still does not start. Very frustrating..

I thought maybe the two adjustment screws may help, but I have no idea how to use them or if I need to. I also don't know what else could cause this blower not to start.

In the past, the blower did run, but not well. I'd have to run the throttle halfway with the choke fully open at start. That would sometimes start the engine, but the idle would drop off killing the engine.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

11-21-05, 05:49 PM   #2  
one labled H, for high speed, other labeled L for low speed. or idle. anyway, screwed all the way in snug, then back it out about 1, to 1.5 turns out. usually gets em going to fine tune em. make sure the cylinder is on tight, rear cover is as well, that and the carb. other then that, make sure the spark arrestor is clean. the things it needs to start is compression, atleast over 100, 90 is getting low, fuel, and spark. of course a clean exhaust port and spark arrestor.

Visiting Guest

11-23-05, 06:48 PM   #3  
tafallon
Dead Blower

Now my blower is completly dead. I took it apart again and made sure all was clean. I can't figure this one out. If anyone has any ideas of what to look for or what to replace, please let me know.

It drives me crazy that such a small engine causes such big problems.

11-23-05, 07:42 PM   #4  
well theres the things i listed it must have to start......have you checked spark? if it'll fire with gas down the carb or down the plug hole (put the plug back in tight) it is a fuel problem, if it doesn't, try it without the kill wire.

06-14-06, 07:42 AM   #5  
Same issue here

I had the same issue... except that I've found the blower at the dump...
When I've tried to start it it did behave exactly as described above...
In my case the problem was that the screws holding the Cylinder were loose... I did tighten them and VOILA! it runs very well...
Now I only have to sell it on EBay

Search this Thread