WT 213 Walbro carburetor: no gas at high speed

Old 11-23-05, 08:26 AM
WT 213 Walbro carburetor: no gas at high speed

This engine is from a Stihl chain saw. Engine starts well, but cuts off after running about 30 seconds at speed with no load. Have demounted the carb and opened it up but found it clean with nothing amiss. It seems like no further gas is getting to the engine after initial choke and start.

Any suggestions? This model seems to have been discontinued and I can't find any rebuild kits and am not even sure that this would solve the problem.

Stephen

Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-05, 07:26 PM
well looking at it really couldn't tell you much, a little passage can be blocked, and can't see it.... so it cuts off when revved up? have you tried maybe opening the high speed screw some to see if it helps? anyway, a small engine shop around you should be able to order a rebuild kit for the carb, if the engine is of quite some age..... it was stored right wasn't it?

Old 11-24-05, 12:09 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Does it start right back up? Can you keep it running with the choke on?

Old 11-28-05, 08:56 AM
man1ey
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by cheese
Does it start right back up? Can you keep it running with the choke on?
Hi Cheese, newbie to this board here. I have the same problem as Steven and in my case, yes. It starts right back up and runs with the choke on. Got anything I can use?

Mike

Old 11-29-05, 01:48 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hi Mike!

Does it shut right off when you turn the choke back off? If so, the carb needs cleaning.

Old 11-29-05, 02:56 AM
Stephen, running for 30 seconds and then quitting is odd. Could it possibly be more like 5-10 seconds? The likely cause, if 30 seconds run time before quitting, is a plugged/clogged fuel tank breather. The tank must breathe in order to keep a continuous fuel supply to the carb. The Walbro carburetor rebuild kit is part number K10-WAT, if needed.