14.5 B&S cut off and wont start back

Old 11-25-05, 10:53 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
14.5 B&S cut off and wont start back

I adjusted the valves on my lawn mower. It cranked better that ever and run good that is for a while. Now it has cut off and wont start back up. It died as if it were running out of gas. It just turns and turns and dont even try to start. plug is fireing and gas is getting to carb. switch under carb is working.. i hear it when I turn the key. Fuse under seat is good. any idea what to check next? Thankyall for everything yall have been a big help.

Old 11-25-05, 01:07 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Overhead valve or flat head? If overhead, are you sure you tightened the rocker adjuster jams properly? And now they are back out of adjustment? What are the engines' ID numbers? More info will be needed before helping you out further. Bear in mind that although you hear the fuel solenoid it may not be operating fully and properly. Only removing such and powering it up and visually checking for full retraction of the pin will you know if in fact it is operating OK.

Old 11-25-05, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
IT was the aluminum push rod, its broke. it broke where the guide was hitting it. thank you

Old 11-25-05, 04:09 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Glad you got it! Anything else, you know where to find us.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: