Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

5 h/p Briggs & Statton problem

Visiting Guest

11-26-05, 01:06 PM   #1  
huntingbubba89
5 h/p Briggs & Statton problem

Hey. i have a small problem with a 5 h/p Briggs. Alright the engine runs fine and everything but for some unknown reason it wont crank up unless i prime the bulb about 5 times everytime i try to crank it, even with it warmed up. This engine is off of a pushmower. Advice??

Sponsored Links

11-26-05, 09:45 PM   #2  
quantum? make sure the gasket between the carb and air cleaner box is good, and the box is on good...... does it have any adjustment screws?

Visiting Guest

11-27-05, 11:23 AM   #3  
huntingbubba89
Yes its a Quantum XTE and no it doesnt have any adjustment screws that i can see. One weird thing is that it is a float type carb, i didnt know that float type carbs went that small. Yea the screws are tight, the gasket is in fair condition(no gaps, no scratches, no tears) I have never had this problem with ne of my engines

11-27-05, 09:14 PM   #4  
well, like the old saying, if it isn't broke, don't fix it.....you could try a cleaning maybe. as for the carb, its nothing really new, they go that small.

Visiting Guest

11-28-05, 01:08 PM   #5  
huntingbubba89
alrighty ima try to clean it again and see what i can find out. ill post back on here afterwards.

NY

11-28-05, 02:45 PM   #6  
A remote possibility would be a bad intake valve or valve seat. A cylinder leak-down test would help to determine this.

Visiting Guest

11-29-05, 12:52 PM   #7  
huntingbubba89
guys i recleaned my carb put everything back together and the same problem was still happening. i reckon ima check the intake valve and seat to see if thats it

Search this Thread