Tecumseh 5hp Snow King problems

Old 12-22-05, 06:55 PM
MyTractorsSexy
Visiting Guest
Tecumseh 5hp Snow King problems

I bought my Ariens 5hp snow blower back in 96. It's been running ok since then but starting last year and continuing this year, it's been running like crap. It would do fine under no load but as soon as you put it up against a couple inches, it just bogs down severely....almost shutting off completely. I was planning on ordering a new carb for it to see if that would be the problem. Anyone have any input? Thanks

Old 12-23-05, 12:48 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
try to rebuild the first one, first....cheaper..... just a good soak in carb cleaner, come more carb cleaner in a can to spray it out, and compressed air if you have it. and a rebuild kit.

Old 12-23-05, 02:55 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Even if you aren't comfortable servicing the carburetor yourself and you're at least able to remove the carburetor from the engine, a typical repair shop charge shouldn't be more than $30 and likely will be less. That beats the average cost to replace it, being around $60.

Old 12-23-05, 06:58 AM
MyTractorsSexy
Visiting Guest
Well, I have all that except the rebuild kit. Does anyone know where I can get it or the part number? Tecumseh Snow King 5hp;

Old 12-23-05, 02:49 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
SHOULD be part #31840, kit and 33673A, gasket but post back with engine ID numbers first in order to confirm such part numbers. I'll be away for the weekend, so, if the model begins with HSSK, then this will be the kit and gasket.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: