Tecumseh 8 hp Snow King

Old 11-29-05, 02:41 PM
zinzoid
Visiting Guest
Tecumseh 8 hp Snow King

I just got a yardman snow blower with a Tecumseh 8 hp snow king engine it is about 5 years old. when i pump the primer gas comes out by the carb. can anyone tell me how to fix this and what parts i need?
the engine runs great.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-05, 09:44 PM
the primer bulb has no other holes except whats supposed to be there? as for anything else, make sure its all on tight.

Old 11-30-05, 02:55 AM
It is that way by design. Just don't over-prime it. Typically, 1-3 primes are required, depending on the ambient temperature. With a well tuned engine, only one prime should suffice. You're seeing fuel because there is no air filter, again, by design.

Old 11-30-05, 01:10 PM
zinzoid
Visiting Guest
thanks for the help

Old 12-02-05, 04:18 PM
ruffstuff
Visiting Guest
puey-
I have two snow king engines...and 8hp and a 10 hp....both are on snow throwers.
They both leak as described by zinzoid...however, both mine also drip gas WHILE running and rev fast and slow on their own (they run normally besides that if you can believe it!)
Dripping gas is bad! I worry about fire...plus it stains the asphalt...which of course isn't evident until after the snow is gone.
Surely this isn't part of the design.
I cleaned both carbs with carb/choke cleaner (without breaking them down, still on the machine). But they still drip gas.
Can you point me in the right direction?
Thanks.

Old 12-02-05, 09:47 PM
from the fuel bowl? make sure the bowl nut at the bottoms tight, that and the bowl gasket is good.

Old 12-03-05, 12:50 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Generally the leaking is because it needs a new inlet seat in the carb. I'd change the needle and seat both (comes as a set for under $5).

Old 12-03-05, 10:00 AM
Along with cheese's suggestion, be sure to check each carb's float for any fluid in them and replace if necessary. The Tecumseh inlet needle and seat part number is 631021A and the float is 632019 and the bowl gasket is 631028. Bear in mind that if you have inlet needle trouble that you likely also have passageway restrictions and would warrant removing the carbs and soaking them and reconditioning them.

Old 12-23-05, 04:42 PM
ruffstuff
Visiting Guest
Thank you, guys. I broke down the carb and inlet seat looked like hell. You were also right...one of the other passageways (airway of some kind) was blocked. float was "good" but all parts were "waxy". I guess that's varnish. I am in the middle of rebuilding it based on your help. I have two to do, so practice will make perfect! Thanks again.

Search this Thread