Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Snowblower tires

Visiting Guest

12-01-05, 09:47 AM   #1  
steve3773
Snowblower tires

I have a Sears snowblower serial # 536-909400, The tire and wheel assembly have been discontinued . Is there a set of rubber tires and tubes I can use instead.

Thank-you
Steve

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

12-01-05, 10:21 AM   #2  
steve3773
Snowblower tires

I have a Sears snowblower serial # 536-909400. The tire and wheel assembly have been discontiued. I was wondered if there are any rubber tires and tubes, and rims that will fit it.

Thank-you
Steve

AL

12-01-05, 11:44 AM   #3  
Well,Steve.....I don't work on snow throwers any more since I've moved down South (hardly any snow).

But the only thang I can suggest is to look on the side wall of the tires,get
the number off,it will be a group of three numbers sepersted by "x's
IE:14x3.50x4 or something like that.and see if a local lawnmower shop carries that size tire and tube.
keep looking at your post from time to time.Some one else might be able to help you more than I.

Last edited by repair_guy; 12-01-05 at 03:24 PM.

12-01-05, 12:30 PM   #4  
Steve,
I moved your post here because it is actually Outdoor Power Equipment. The experts here can more readily answer your question. Good luck.

12-01-05, 12:49 PM   #5  
Posted By: steve3773 I have a Sears snowblower serial # 536-909400, The tire and wheel assembly have been discontinued . Is there a set of rubber tires and tubes I can use instead.

Thank-you
Steve

TiresUnlimted.com has ton of tires for snowblowers. Take a look at the tires on your snowblower and get the size, then visit tire unlimited's website.
I like the Carlisle Xtrac for the snowblowers
The also have the correct tube for your application if need be..

NY

12-01-05, 03:44 PM   #6  
The X-Trac tire mentioned above is very nice but if you want to also use tire chains (and you likely will) then this is no good for chains...they set in the treads, not on top and are useless. A snowhog tire is better suited for chains and actually a standard stud-type tread is good enough if you intend to use chains. If no chains are desired, go with the X-trac or the snowhog. Your local small engine dealer should have them or at least be able to order them, regardless of what tread type you want. Tubes too!

Visiting Guest

12-02-05, 06:11 AM   #7  
steve3773
Posted By: majakdragon Steve,
I moved your post here because it is actually Outdoor Power Equipment. The experts here can more readily answer your question. Good luck.

Thank-you very much for helping. this is my first time

thanks again
Steve

Visiting Guest

12-02-05, 06:14 AM   #8  
steve3773
Posted By: repair_guy Well,Steve.....I don't work on snow throwers any more since I've moved down South (hardly any snow).

But the only thang I can suggest is to look on the side wall of the tires,get
the number off,it will be a group of three numbers sepersted by "x's
IE:14x3.50x4 or something like that.and see if a local lawnmower shop carries that size tire and tube.
keep looking at your post from time to time.Some one else might be able to help you more than I.

Thank-you very much for your reply. I will try this
Thanks again
Steve

Visiting Guest

12-02-05, 06:16 AM   #9  
steve3773
Posted By: 99venomsvt TiresUnlimted.com has ton of tires for snowblowers. Take a look at the tires on your snowblower and get the size, then visit tire unlimited's website.
I like the Carlisle Xtrac for the snowblowers
The also have the correct tube for your application if need be..

I checked out that website and it is great, thanks

Steve

Visiting Guest

12-02-05, 06:19 AM   #10  
steve3773
Posted By: puey61 The X-Trac tire mentioned above is very nice but if you want to also use tire chains (and you likely will) then this is no good for chains...they set in the treads, not on top and are useless. A snowhog tire is better suited for chains and actually a standard stud-type tread is good enough if you intend to use chains. If no chains are desired, go with the X-trac or the snowhog. Your local small engine dealer should have them or at least be able to order them, regardless of what tread type you want. Tubes too!

Thanks for the response, that was the first day on the website abd the response was great. The information is deffently going to help . I didnt know where to go.

thanks
steve

Search this Thread