Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman chipper impeller

12-04-05, 05:37 PM   #1  
Craftsman chipper impeller

I am replacing the engine on my 7.5 horspower Craftsman chipper. I do not see how to remove the impeller wheel so I can pull the engine. I removed the shreader blade, but is the impeller wheel just pressed into shaft? I do not see any other bolt or pin. Thanks for any advice. kjsrc

Sponsored Links

12-04-05, 06:39 PM   #2  
chipper

maybe a set screw behind the wheel? sometimes two of them.

12-07-05, 10:11 AM   #3  
Does the impeller have center bolt holding it on? If you take this out, you may be able to put a slightly larger bolt in. As it screws in, it puts pressure against the shaft and presses the impeller off or makes it loose enough to pull off. If the impeller is a little stubborn, give the bolt head a little whack from a hammer. You will just have to find a bolt that fits the threads of the impeller and is too large to fit in the hole in the shaft. I have the 4.5hp version of the machine you have and that's how the impeller is installed. Good luck.

12-07-05, 10:34 PM   #4  
Thanks much. I didn't see a set screw, but will check again. That was my initial thought and I was surprised not see one. If not I'll try a larger bolt. If that worked on the 4.5hp model it just might be same on mine. I Appreciate the advice. Thanks

Search this Thread