Snowblower chute fasteners


Old 12-05-05, 05:04 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Snowblower chute fasteners

Hi, I have a 1970's Gilson snowblower (model# 55012). I am wondering what the little fasteners are called that hold the chute on. It has 3 such fasteners. They are a bolt that has threads towards the head and then the threads end and the rest of the fastener is bare. The threads fasten into the chute base and the bare rod-like part then goes into a brass type of race/bearing that rides in the channel that allows the chute to turn.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-05, 02:50 PM
puey61's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 3,224
I can't picture what you're describing but generally speaking they're called chute ring shoes. You can try a Toro dealer for Gilson parts. Lawn-Boy bought out Gilson many years ago and Toro in turn bought out Lawn-Boy about a dozen years ago.
Old 12-08-05, 06:42 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
After consulting with a Gilson collector at The Snowblower Shop:

the parts I am referring to are known as dog screws and roller pins.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes