tooo much fuel

Old 12-08-05, 10:11 AM
steve3773
Visiting Guest
Unhappy tooo much fuel

my snowblower has a 5 horse techumseh, number 143-687022 and it over fuels to where it floods out before it gets started.
have used it twice this year so far, it has just started doing it. I have taken it off to make sure nothing is in it. are there any tricks and tips to help me out.

Thanks
Steve

Last edited by steve3773; 12-08-05 at 01:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-05, 01:45 PM
make sure the float isn't hanging up. was fuel stabilizer used? that is if it set for more then a month at a time. inlet needle may be sticking as well.

Old 12-08-05, 02:11 PM
steve3773
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by v8driver
make sure the float isn't hanging up. was fuel stabilizer used? that is if it set for more then a month at a time. inlet needle may be sticking as well.

thanks, for the help. fuel was fresh thanks again

Old 12-08-05, 02:58 PM
When you say it is flooding out do you mean it is a rich running condition or that the carburetor leaks when at rest? If rich, lean out the main jet about a quarter turn in. If leaking, disassemble the carburetor, soak and recondition it.

Old 12-09-05, 07:07 AM
steve3773
Visiting Guest
when I try to start it it puts too much gas in the engine and floods out the head not at rest,,,,,,,I'll try to lean it out a bit

thanks
steve

Old 01-18-09, 07:03 AM
your float is sinking. it has fuel inside so it wont rise to drive the pointed pin into the hole to stop the fuel flow so it runs out of the carb.