Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

craftsman8hp snothrower mod#536.886621

Visiting Guest

12-08-05, 04:04 PM   #1  
rayb
craftsman8hp snothrower mod#536.886621

Machine ran great last year. left gas in it over summer . drained gas tank, carb bowl. Sprayed cleaner past choke shutter, replaced gas. With a little gas in choke end, engine runs for 15 seconds. wondering if I am getting gas? or can someone clue me in

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

12-08-05, 05:19 PM   #2  
slipkid
This may sound dumb but?

Two years ago I had the same problem, I forgot to open the gas valve under the gas tank. Boy was my arm tired. I felt so dumb.

12-08-05, 09:21 PM   #3  
was the gas treated with fuel stabilizer? carb sounds gummed, i would take it apart and soak it in cleaner, then blow it out. that is if fuel is getting to it, you can check by taking the fuel line off at the carb, with needle noses clamp it, let it go in a container for a couple seconds to make sure its getting good flow.

12-11-05, 03:54 PM   #4  
Try cleaning the carb.

I've got an 8hp Craftsman as well. Had the same thing happen to me except mine would only run when I primed the @#$% out of it and then die after 5-10 seconds. Ended up having to pull the carb and give it a good cleaning (rebuilt it while I was at it). Started on the first pull after I was done and kept running too!

Hope that helps.

-schaapj

CANADA

12-12-05, 06:54 PM   #5  
Ray
The way you describe it, you did a partial cleaning but the more important cleaning area is the carb body itself. That involves removal, dismantle and soaking in a good carb cleaner. Then install a kit and you should notice a big difference. I recommend purchasing a Tecumseh mechanics manual if you are attempting it yourself. It explains everything is down to earth language.
Hope this helps.

snoman

Search this Thread