snow blower

Old 12-10-05, 09:33 PM
Question snow blower

hi i just bought a 3 yr old snow king snowblower 5 hp tecumseh engine and it worked fine up untin i ran into a stump not very hard but anyway the auger stopped turning so i took the cover off and it looked to me that one of the belts had come off. so i attemted to put it back on but i have done something where as to when i start the snow blower i use to have to pull the lever to make the auger turn. now after i put the belt on the way i thought it went the auger autmatically starts turning when i start the snow blower and when i pull the lever now the auger stops.ugg what have i done maybe the belt is just wore out and that is why it looked like it was off HELP PLEASE!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-05, 10:02 PM
Check your belt again sounds to me that you've just put the belt on the wrong side of the idler pulley.instad of loseing the belt when you push the lever to tighten it,so as to make the auger turn,it losens it up instad.

Old 12-11-05, 05:12 AM
Originally Posted by repair_guy
Check your belt again sounds to me that you've just put the belt on the wrong side of the idler pulley.instad of loseing the belt when you push the lever to tighten it,so as to make the auger turn,it losens it up instad.
but what i dont understand is why it stopped turning in the first place.

Old 12-11-05, 05:30 AM
Possibly the belt initially jumped off the idler and you have the idler on the inside of belt. Most idlers that act as a clutch are called backside idlers ie:they run on the back or outside of the belt. If your idler doesn't have a vee shaped groove for the belt, then it is a backside idler.
Mike

Old 12-11-05, 07:09 AM
Originally Posted by mla2ofus
Possibly the belt initially jumped off the idler and you have the idler on the inside of belt. Most idlers that act as a clutch are called backside idlers ie:they run on the back or outside of the belt. If your idler doesn't have a vee shaped groove for the belt, then it is a backside idler.
Mike
ok thank you another question does any one no how i could get the owners manual for my snow blower it is a snow king with a 5.0 tecumseh engine

Old 12-11-05, 01:48 PM
if you provide me with the model numbers of the engine that is on the engine shroud, i might be able to link you to a manual.

Old 12-11-05, 02:51 PM
Your engine is a tecumseh snowking,but what about the snowblower frsme it's self?if it's an MTD you might get something from this site:

http://www.yardman.com/MowCrew.jsp