Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

tecumseh primer bulb

Visiting Guest

12-11-05, 05:47 AM   #1  
perp102
tecumseh primer bulb

the primer bulb in my eagle one, tecumseh engine tries to suck it self in when the unit starts up, i cleaned the carb,changed the key new plug, and mower runs for a minute and shuts down, whats wrong?

Sponsored Links

AL

12-11-05, 07:26 AM   #2  
Try looking at the fuel cap to see if the vent holes is stoped up.An engine needs air in the fuel tank to help push fuel through lines to carb.If you can breath through holes in cap it's alright.That reminds me the inside of fuel line might be caved-in too.Check this also.

Visiting Guest

12-11-05, 08:19 AM   #3  
perp102
re: primer bulb

you were on the money, took cap off and stayed running...only problem is engine is surging, not running smooth whats next doc?

AL

12-11-05, 09:08 AM   #4  
I don't have sk-mag with me to see what kinda carb.you got but sounds like you've have a little trash in it.If your carb.has adjustment screws,turn high speed out bout 1/8 to 1/4 turn first.If not, (or this doesn't work) disassemble and clean real good.Look at fuel line too.Make sure that the tency-tiny hole in between the threads and the hole in the center of bowl nut are clear.This is where fuel gets into the carb from the bowl.That should do the trick.I always use a real small torch cleaning file to do this.Or a bread tie wire will do.

Search this Thread