Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Sears Snow Thrower Won't Start

Visiting Guest

12-12-05, 06:27 PM   #1  
paul correale
Sears Snow Thrower Won't Start

I have a sears snow thrower, 5.5 horse power, with a 9 inch impeller, and it clears a 22 inch path. This machine is 15 years old and usually very reliable. So I went to use it the first time this year and after about 10 pulls on the cord, it snaps on me. So I tried to hook it up to an extension cord and all I got was a winding noise. The few times I have started it electrically, I have never had a problem. There is more than enough gas in it. What's your guess about what it can be and how hard is it to change the pulley cord? Thanks for your time.

Paul

Sponsored Links

CANADA

12-12-05, 06:49 PM   #2  
Paul
I believe the manual that will work for you is the Tecumseh mechanics manual part # 692509, this will cover you in your repairing of the recoil problem and as far as the not starting goes, it will most likely involve the complete carb cleaning and installing a kit. Old fuel has most likely caused some of the very small orifices to plug up and cause your dilemma. I'm taking a guess but I think you'll need the part # 31840 carb repair kit from Tecumseh. Also don't forget to replace all the intake gaskets too.
Hope this helps.

snoman

Search this Thread