Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Generator Assembly

12-13-05, 05:25 AM   #1  
Generator Assembly

I am working on a Devilbiss GB5000 generator with a B&S 10.0 H.P. engine and I am trying to get the rotator assembly off to change the oil seal. I found a diagram of the machine and it shows that the shaft off the engine is taperd. Is there a bolt that I'm missing or anything special that I should be doing to get the assembly off?

Sponsored Links

12-13-05, 06:35 AM   #2  
Posted By: Ham I am working on a Devilbiss GB5000 generator with a B&S 10.0 H.P. engine and I am trying to get the rotator assembly off to change the oil seal. I found a diagram of the machine and it shows that the shaft off the engine is taperd. Is there a bolt that I'm missing or anything special that I should be doing to get the assembly off?
After you are sure all the bolts holding the generator section on put the long bolt back in a few turns into the crank and give it a few good wacks with a hammer. By ready the amatuer will come right off.

Search this Thread