Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2 Cycle Walbro Flywheel

12-14-05, 12:56 AM   #1  
2 Cycle Walbro Flywheel

Hello all and Cheese! I'm finally back in the shop half days after my 2nd back surgery. I am building a quarter scale car for fun...NOT racing. I have a really nice chainsaw engine but I haven't a clue what brand it was used in and I have never known how to determine the engine manufacturer? It has a Walbro Flywheel with G-57 which was in the casting! I can't find any stamped identification. This flywheel has a built in key that is sheared off therefore I need to replace it and I haven't a clue where to look on-line ? The only other destinquishing feature is the fact that it has NO pawls. I chose this engine because the pull cord is at one end of the shaft and the Flywheel is at the other end, perfect for my needs. I have another flywheel that matches this one but I can't get the engine to crank with it...Timing is off? WELL, where can I possibly find one of these ancient creatures? Thx, Ron (Sure hope all is well with you, cheese, as well as the family and businesses)

Sponsored Links

NY

12-14-05, 03:05 AM   #2  
Since Walbro 'wheels were used on many brands it will be near impossible to determine the brand you have. That is unless you can submit a photo of it (the entire engine...at different angles). I likely would be able to ID it then.

12-14-05, 08:47 AM   #3  
maybe some ignition info, picture of any linkages of exaust components and starter assy. any numbers on the crankcase ?

12-14-05, 09:33 PM   #4  
An Answer & More Questions

Well, with all your help I have figured this one out...Finally! I was wrong it is NOT a chainsaw engine. This 30cc unit is out of a John Deere BH30 Blower. The Walbro G-57 Flywheel/Rotor has a sub P/N UP03856. NOW ANOTHER QUESTION OR TWO: They want $44 for this flywheel. Ubsurd! Where can I buy parts at a reasonable price??? Can a flywheel like this one be repaired? I have Flywheels running out of my ears. I have several that I can fit on this shaft - Can I get it to run with almost any flywheel as long as it fits onto the key properly and is the same size or will there always be a timing problem without the exact flywheel called for? Thanks again for everybody's help, Ron

NY

12-15-05, 03:38 AM   #5  
The 44 fish sounds like a good deal...my suggested list price is $58. The key in relation to the magnets is what determines the timing and it better be on the money or you're going to fry the engine.

12-15-05, 05:27 AM   #6  
Many Thanks

Thanks for the info on the cost. I found a company that this item (NOT OEM) would cost me about $23 IF I Qualify and sign up as a dealer of their products?? I guess I may have to bite the bullet and do it. Anyway I really appreciate your insight and help! Thx, Ron

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-15-05, 08:17 AM   #7  
Hi Ron!

Glad to hear you're back at it! That blower is not very common, so finding a used flywheel may prove to be difficult unless you can find a different piece of equipment with the same one (which is definitely possible, but I don't know how you'd ever find out without visually checking dozens of engines). You might get lucky on ebay. I think I'd go for the new one. $44 isn't bad.

Sounds like a neat project (the car). Keep us posted on your progress!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

12-15-05, 08:22 AM   #8  
some of the jd products were built by echo. contact an echo dealer. they may have a junker laying around with the same flywheel

CO

12-15-05, 09:10 AM   #9  
flywheel

Posted By: Bigwind Well, with all your help I have figured this one out...Finally! I was wrong it is NOT a chainsaw engine. This 30cc unit is out of a John Deere BH30 Blower. The Walbro G-57 Flywheel/Rotor has a sub P/N UP03856. NOW ANOTHER QUESTION OR TWO: They want $44 for this flywheel. Ubsurd! Where can I buy parts at a reasonable price??? Can a flywheel like this one be repaired? I have Flywheels running out of my ears. I have several that I can fit on this shaft - Can I get it to run with almost any flywheel as long as it fits onto the key properly and is the same size or will there always be a timing problem without the exact flywheel called for? Thanks again for everybody's help, Ron

This is a homelite made blower, there are many other models that use that flywheel:
BVM160
d25mhv
d30mha
d30mhv
HB25250
HB30160
i25mhv
i30mhv
Vac Attack
VacAttac
225mhv

old number was A04158S will find on chain saws: