Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Toro S200

Visiting Guest

12-16-05, 08:15 AM   #1  
paul englehutt
Toro S200

I have a very old snowthrower that starts great with one pull on the cord after priiming it. The problem is, that it will only run for approximately 10 seconds. It was stored properly over the summer, has a new plug and new fuel. It's so old that I really don't want to spend a fortune in the service shop. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Paul.

Sponsored Links

12-16-05, 12:12 PM   #2  
sounds like it's running on the prime only and not pulling in any fuel. you say you stored it properly. was it run out of fuel ? stabilized ? dumb question.... is there a fuel shutoff ?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-16-05, 10:16 PM   #3  
What brand engine? Sounds like the holes in the bowl nut need to be cleaned out, especially if it's a tecumseh.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

12-17-05, 09:43 AM   #4  
paul englehutt
Flopshot:
I ran it until the fuel was all gone and positioned the piston at the top of the cylinder. It was then stored in a dry shed.

Cheese:
It is a Tecumseh engine. Where are the bowl holes?

12-17-05, 03:45 PM   #5  
look for a hole inbetween the threads, clean it out with a toothpick, wire tie, etc. nothing that will damage it.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-17-05, 10:06 PM   #6  
The bolt that holds the carburetor bowl on has holes in it. They get clogged and cause your problem.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread