Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Replacing Drive Belt

Visiting Guest

12-18-05, 04:30 PM   #1  
tgb68
Replacing Drive Belt

Think I've figured out that I need to replace the drive belt on my Ariens 5hp snowblower (model #93206, Serial #055157) It doesn't really throw the snow far and bogs down when it has a full load of snow in it. The engine is running great, so this is my assumption that it's the drive belt. I am correct? How difficult is it to replace? don't have too much experience with snowblowers. I have downloaded the manual from Ariens, it seams pretty basic, or am I under estimating it?
Any thought or commets would be great!

Sponsored Links

12-19-05, 12:57 AM   #2  
It's pretty easy and that's likely a single belt model.

You remove a bolt from each side of the blower housing and it tilts forward to allow access to the pulley.

Remove the spark plug wire and rotate the engine as necessary to get it off. You may hae to adjust the idler pulley, or not.

Doesn't have to be Ariens brand V belt does does have to be for a slip clutch application.

12-20-05, 12:47 AM   #3  
could also be the impeller bearing is worn to the point where the belt will not tighten . You can check to see if there is an play in that by reaching into the chute and pulling up and down on the impeller. Shouldn't be any slop at all.

Visiting Guest

12-21-05, 02:14 PM   #4  
tgb68
Just finished changing belt, really not bad at all. Looks like I throwing snow like a champ again. Thanks for your advice.

Search this Thread