snowblower pulleys

Old 12-19-05, 12:48 AM
jpgoodnu
Visiting Guest
snowblower pulleys

I am interested in upgrading my Simplicity model 860 commercial snowblower froma 8HP Tecumseh Snow King to a 11 or 13 HP. I was curious about the Vortex brand which appear to be Honda Clones(been around 5+ years with apparently good reliablility). I also figure with the increase in torque I could go larger on the engine pulley to increase the auger speed and throwing distance(like my old 11HP Craftsman that would throw 50+ feet and high enough to touch the Telephone lines on the pole). Any ideas on where I can purchase the pulleys by size?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-05, 12:52 AM
When you increase impeller speed you also increase the amount of snow that is recirculated by the impeller, and the loads.

Old 12-19-05, 12:57 AM
jpgoodnu
Visiting Guest
I am not worried about the increased load, since I am increasing the HP from 8 to either 11 or 13 which is substantial and the Torque as well. This chassis has been in use by Simplicity as their Commercial machine with up to 13HP for 20 Years.

Old 12-19-05, 02:49 AM
I don't think you'll be happy with this aftermarket engine. First, when it breaks down (and it will) you will have difficulty finding repair parts. Second, I don't believe they have a winter engineered engine available. You difinitely want a cold weather engine. As far as pulleys, check out your local small engine dealer or Grainger.

Old 01-08-06, 10:59 AM
jpgoodnu
Visiting Guest
Any other ideas out there?