Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

New Holland Oil Capacity and type?

12-19-05, 07:51 AM   #1  
New Holland Oil Capacity and type?

Hey All!!
My friend just bought a New Holland 7308 (actually it came with the house she bought) and she wants me to change the oil and go over the thing. Can anyone tell me what type of motor oil this beast uses and it's capacity and filter type? Also what type of hyrdraulic oil and it's capacity also would be good.
I'd be most grateful.
God bless,
Peter

Sponsored Links

12-19-05, 08:21 AM   #2  
not sure if you have a diesel or not. use quality oil rated for the engine. sneak up on the quantity, most likely 5 - 6 quarts. any auto supplier can match or look up the filter by engine make and model. new holland used some perkins engines that i know of. use a quality hyd oil suitable for common transmission and hydraulic systems. by common i mean the same oil runs the trans and lift systems. you may be able to download a manual from the web.

12-19-05, 09:31 AM   #3  
Thanks for the quick reply, flopshot. I've looked all over the web for an owner's manual but I couldn't find one. She lives about 100 miles away so I want to make sure I have all the stuff when I go over there; you know what I mean.
In the meantime, I think it's a diesel but I can't be for sure. I've emailed her and am now await her reply.
Thanks so much! I'll post back, hopefully with something more specific.
Peter

Group Moderator

NC

12-21-05, 04:24 PM   #4  
I think the 7308 is a front end loader that mounts on a TC30 and is a diesel.

Start doing searches online for the TC30 and you should be able to find the filter and amount of oil you need.

I would use a diesel oil like Rotella. My quick look online says it holds 4.2 quarts but I'm not sure if that's with or without a filter change.

12-21-05, 05:00 PM   #5  
Hey Pilot Dane! I just found out it's a TC29D. Is that something you can work with? Can you get me oil capacity, type and filter number? I take it that being a diesel it takes a 15W40 oil.
Thanks so much & God bless,
Peter

Group Moderator

NC

12-21-05, 05:45 PM   #6  
Do a search online (www.google.com , www.MSN.com , www.yahoo.com ...). I generally start specific like "New Holland TC29D oil capacity" or "New Holland TC29D oil filter".

If you're feel'n lazy here is what I found. I do not own a New Holland or have any experience with them. This is just what I found by searching online.

engine oil capacity-4.2 quarts
front end differential oil capacity-1.5 quarts
front end hub oil capacity (each side)-.8 quarts
hydraulic/transmission capacity-8.6 gallon
power steering-1.5 quarts
engine coolant-4.2 quarts

These all appear to be New Holland part numbers.
oil filter-86546618
fuel filter-SBA360720020
hydraulic-SBA340500930
outter air filter-86549700
inner air filter-86549701

PS: All of the above was found by going to www.google.com and typing "new holland tc29d oil filter" into the window. What I provided you was from a New Holland document that was the fourth listing that Google found.

12-21-05, 06:11 PM   #7  
Holy moly! Thanks so much! I googled this and came up with 2 filters that would fit this beast. I cross referenced them and although they are different diameters the thread and gasket dia. is the same but the new reference is much, much smaller.
I could go on but since you did my homework for me, why?
I am very grateful for your expertise Pilot Dane!
Take care, God bless you and yours and have a wonderful Christmas or holiday season.
Peter

Group Moderator

NC

12-21-05, 06:21 PM   #8  
I get most all of my filters online. Even with shipping it usually ends up being less expensive than my local dealers.

I also use Fleet Guard brand filters who manufacture many of the O.E.M. brand filters. They are the same filters and a few dollars less expensive but the few dollars you save may not be worth it for one oil change. I usually buy the filters by the case.

12-22-05, 05:32 AM   #9  
www.newholland.com has parts and publications available online for download. tech publications are not free. the 29 and 30 are not complicated machines but i think i would still try to get a service manual for it. miss one service point and you could end up paying big bucks

Search this Thread