Snowblower Wont Start

Old 01-18-06, 09:43 AM
Snowblower Wont Start

I PURCHASED A OLD WIZARD 5HP SNOWBLOWER MOD#130202 TYPE#059203
WAS RUNNING WELL BEFORE WINTER, COME THE FIRST SNOW FALL, NO GO.
FOUND RUST IN THE GAS TANK AND CARB PLUGGED UP,CLEANED THE GAS TANK AND CARB, NOW WONT RUN. ONLY GETS SPARK WHEN I ENGAGE THE
AGUGERS.THIS SHOULDENT BE.THOUGH ITS IN NEUTRAL IT SEEMS AS IT MIGHT BE IN GEAR, WILL NOT ROLL EASILY. CARB AND GAS ISSUE IS FINE . ALSO WHEN I TORE THIS THING APART ALLOPENING WERE FULL OF CARBON DEPOSITES SPARK PLUG ALSO. TRIED NEW PLUG, NO GO. CAN SOME ONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME DIRECTION ON WHAT COULD BE WRONG. IM LEANING ON IT MAY BE ELECTRICAL. ANY ADVISE IS WELCOME, THANKS

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-06, 11:44 AM
so water got in the gas, and the gas also gummed up...... you can't really be sure the carbs good until you get it going, i would try it without the kill wire hooked to the ignition coil. it could be a bad switch.

Old 01-19-06, 02:53 AM
There should be a "junction box" just below the fuel tank with one wire coming from under the flywheel and one or more wires going to various safety feature points. Disconnect all wires but the wire coming from under the flywheel. This will eliminate any shorts in any wires or the safety interlocks. It sounds to me as though this is your "no spark" problem.

Old 01-19-06, 11:38 AM
thanks for these suggesttions ,i'll try them and get back.was pulling on the starter and i noticed there was no gas getting in the carb also. going to break it down again and put it through a bath, and replace the diapham.
this blower is at least 30 years old. again i appreciate the pointers and i'll see what happens.

Old 01-20-06, 06:54 AM
Thumbs up

looked at the wiring under the gas tank, one's coming from in back of the flywheel, the other from the ignition switch. cant disconnect those.i was wrong when i said i had to hold the auger control in to get sprark. it was the kill switch.i replaced the pull cord, gas cap,gastube, sparkplug, and shootblast the gastank to get all the garbage out.put every thing together and it still won't start. the plug was dry, so i knew i wasnt getting gas, broke it down again and cleaned it with carb claener and changed the diaphram. the repair shop said the diaphram was bad. put everything back together, a few pulls on the rope, and the thing started right up.under 20 bucks and a few hours and its running like new.like you said v8,cant be sure the carbs right till it starts.theres still an electrical problem some where with the kill switch, will try to figure that one out later. again thanks so much for everyones feedback. expecting 6'' or more tonight in chicago.not a problem.

Old 01-20-06, 11:18 AM
glad you got it going....

Old 01-21-06, 05:42 AM
Yes, you can disconnect the wires. They likely are held in place by a spring loaded tab...push it inward and the wires will slip out. It sounds as though you have a defective key switch. You can replace it with a standard toggle switch, if nothing else is available.

Old 01-23-06, 12:42 PM
will try a toggle switch, but now theres another problem, got the machine running and tried to remove the snow but it seems theres not enough power to get the snow up and out of the shoot.the augers are turning but when i hit the snow the engine slowed down a little. is this a belt issue?

Old 01-23-06, 04:41 PM
No, if the engine slowed down when you hit the snow, the belts are O.K. it'll probably be a carb adjust, because I find it hard to adjust carbs untill the engine is under load. Turn the "high" jet out a little & try it again

Old 01-24-06, 01:02 PM
this is an antique engine,the carb is solid with only one adjustable needle and side plate to change the diaphram, took the housing off to look at the belts and the look shot. very loose even when the auger is engaged.going to take the engine off also to try and get to the trans. it on and off engages by its self. sometimes just takes off, or locks up. any suggestions.