Carb Cleaning??

Old 01-19-06, 03:44 PM
Carb Cleaning??

I have a Tecumseh Model 143 571202 serial 8178 13379, don't know h.p.
Tried to get carb kit for it. Parts person, said she needed the alpha that went along with the numbers.
Went over the little plate that is pop-riveted on the shroud, scraped more paint off,couldn't find any
other numbers or letters. What should be the correct part number for this carb be.
Took it apart-float(had black tar-like stuff on the bottom edge,where it looked like it had sat in old gas)
needle valve,all adjustment screws. Can I take the little screws out of the choke plate and the throttle plate
and remove them and the shafts? Also on the bottom of the carb there is a small circluar disk,about half the
size of a dime, can or should this be removed?
Sorry for the long post!
Thanks for the help!
T.J.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-06, 05:47 PM
yes you can remove the shafts and plates. the disc you describe is likely a welch plug which can be removed . make sure it comes in the kit as you will need to replace it. before you spend and money/time/cussing, etc on repairing the carb check the cost of a new one. repairing may not be worth the effort

Old 01-20-06, 08:42 AM
Tecumseh

Originally Posted by bmwe0692
I have a Tecumseh Model 143 571202 serial 8178 13379, don't know h.p.
Tried to get carb kit for it. Parts person, said she needed the alpha that went along with the numbers.
Went over the little plate that is pop-riveted on the shroud, scraped more paint off,couldn't find any
other numbers or letters. What should be the correct part number for this carb be.
Took it apart-float(had black tar-like stuff on the bottom edge,where it looked like it had sat in old gas)
needle valve,all adjustment screws. Can I take the little screws out of the choke plate and the throttle plate
and remove them and the shafts? Also on the bottom of the carb there is a small circluar disk,about half the
size of a dime, can or should this be removed?
Sorry for the long post!
Thanks for the help!
T.J.
Your engine is an H25-25135F original carb is 631070A NLA replaced by 631921 carb kit 31840

AJ