Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Starting Problems

02-02-06, 09:51 PM   #1  
Starting Problems

Hi All,

I'm having problems starting my push mower. The problem is I can get it started but to keep it running I need to keep pushing the prime button.

What I've done so far....

1. Took off the head & cleaned carbon
2. Cleaned spark plug
3. Emptied/cleaned the carby
4. Replaced air/carby gasket

And replaced the fuel...

PLEASE HELP

Cheers,
Shane

Sponsored Links

AL

02-02-06, 11:24 PM   #2  
Well Shane,all of that is good to do from time to time anyway but your carb.is cloged.You're gona havta take it off the mower,disassemble it all the way and soak it to clean it.If you can't get your hands on carb.cleaning acid (which you can buy at any auto parts store), just reguler ol vinegar like your wife cooks with will do the trick.Just don't tell your wife what you need it for.lol In any case take a small crochet hook and pull the little fuel intake seat out before soaking.
If your mower is a B&S and the type thay has a gasket between the air filter box and the carb.make sure to replase it.the part number of this gasket is 272653,otherwise it will not prime.And those kind has a tiny hole in between the threads of the bowl nut,run a wire all the way through this hole,and also down the top of the nut (down to this hole).

GOOD LUCKreply back with any more problems,there are many people on here to help

02-22-06, 02:25 PM   #3  
Hi,

Im still having problems with my B&S, I cleaned the carby as Repair Guy recommended & I got it running, however, its not running strong & will die if I "Walk & Mow".

Any more suggestions,

Cheers,

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

02-22-06, 11:24 PM   #4  
Sounds like the carb still needs cleaning more.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread