Stihl-4-MIX

Old 02-17-06, 02:22 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Angry Stihl-4-MIX

This Stihl will not run.I've checked the Plug,muffler for restrictions,remixed the oil/gas mix.has compression,primer bulb pumps good,valves have 4 to 5 thousandths,GOOD spark.checked the on/off switch,etc.The dealer told me it's a 4 cycle(gas has 2 b mixed 50:1 & it has intake & exhaust Valves.)This something NEW STIHL has come with.HELP ??

Old 02-17-06, 04:54 AM
F
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
several mfg's have built these motors. the weight of a two cycle and the low end power of a four stroke. do you have an owners manual ?
"The dealer told me it's a 4 cycle" i hope you didn't run straight gas in it.
2 cycle = mixed gas
4 cycle = straignt gas, and oil in a crankcase.

Old 02-17-06, 12:44 PM
Is this machine new enough to be under warranty? Did you check the spark with an in-line tester? As this is a more acurate way of determining ignition strength. And although you noticed good fuel flow at the primer this doesn't necessarily mean that the carburetor is metering fuel through the internal passages well. The carburetor is the most likely issue you have.

Old 02-17-06, 03:29 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flopshot
several mfg's have built these motors. the weight of a two cycle and the low end power of a four stroke. do you have an owners manual ?
"The dealer told me it's a 4 cycle" i hope you didn't run straight gas in it.
2 cycle = mixed gas
4 cycle = straignt gas, and oil in a crankcase.
It's a NEW Idea Stihl had 2 build a 4 stroke-BUTT gas HAS 2 b Mixed 50:1 & IT has no Crankcase & I tried a new gas /oil mixture{anyway}.I have only worked on 2 strokes with REED valves & 4 strokes w/valves.This new thingy has US Baffled Thanks anyway .<Marvin>

Old 02-19-06, 02:37 PM
F
it's not that new. check shindaiwa's web site. the "valves" simply replace the port induction or reed valve technology, what worried me, and it may have been a typo, is: "The dealer told me it's a 4 cycle(gas has 2 b mixed 50:1" the inclusion of valves does not make it a 4 cycle. maybe your tech misunderstood.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: