Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Featherlite weed trimmer run

02-28-06, 12:50 PM   #1  
Featherlite weed trimmer run

Featherlite weed eater Fl26 25cc Starts have to keep choking it acts like its running out of gas.Is there a special tool to adjust the carbutor?Where can I get tool or manual if needed?

Sponsored Links

02-28-06, 04:28 PM   #2  
How old? You probablly don't need a special tool, if it has plastic caps over the adjustment needles, they can be popped off. If its of some age, its more then likely the carb needs a rebuild, when you do, check the little mesh screen in the carb, make sure its cleaned out, also does the primer bulb work good? pumps the gas up easy? Thats just to rule out a clogged fuel filter maybe. You can probablly get the manual off weedeaters website.

03-01-06, 02:47 AM   #3  
I don't have a reference to tell me how old your unit is? If it's older than 2 years do what V8driver said! Fuel filter, screen or the main metering diaphram...If it is not 2 years old don't walk, RUN the thing back to the people that sold it to you!!!! These units have a two year warrenty! If this is the case and you replace the unit, post back to the forum and several folks can give you a few tips to help keep the carb from leaning out over time and siezing! Usually 2 years and 1 day after you buy or replace it! Everyone has one and this is just my openion...Ron

03-01-06, 05:07 AM   #4  
featherlite

It is pretty new.Bought at yard sale.So I cannot take it back.Looks like its never been used.We have 2 of them doing the same thing.Thanks Jim

03-01-06, 11:09 AM   #5  
Well, since it has no warranty, get the carb done, you don't want a lean condition, these 2 cycles need that oil in the gas. Like bigwind said, about everyone has one, I too have one, 18cc curved shaft, little mods, the adjustment needle adjusted, muffler opened. They don't run bad, mines about 5 or 6 years old, and I like to use it alot (almost every day), second pull starts even without priming it. This 25cc may have a walbro carb on it, cheap to get a rebuild kit for it, and i'm betting the previous guy didn't take care of it, it starts though, so its showing it has good compression.

Search this Thread