Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Stihl Blower

Visiting Guest

03-08-06, 03:34 PM   #1  
zekester
Stihl Blower

I have a Stihl model BG75 (1.55 CID) engine leaf blower which doesn't want to run at full speed. I put fresh gas mix (50-1) in it, replaced the plug and air cleaner. It idles OK. The carb has two screws--one marked L and the other LA which are apparantly fro idle adjustment only . Any ideas how to get it to run at high speed?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

03-08-06, 09:12 PM   #2  
You'll probably need to disassemble and clean the carburetor. Generally, if the carb has 2 screws side by side, the one closest to the air intake side of the carb is the high speed adjustment.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

03-09-06, 05:54 AM   #3  
zekester
I'll try that. I just found the owners manuel and it states that there is no high speed asjustment.

Visiting Guest

03-09-06, 09:14 AM   #4  
zekester
FYI
After a little investigating, I found the spark arrester all carboned up. Cleaned it and now runs good.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

03-10-06, 12:30 AM   #5  
Great! Glad you got it, and thanks for the update!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

03-11-06, 04:27 AM   #6  
The screw marked "L" is the low speed fuel adjustment needle and the one marked "LA" is the idle speed screw. You have a fixed high speed needle...no adjustment...EPA emissions regulations.

Search this Thread