18HP Briggs Carb - Where does the small rubber tube connect?

Old 03-11-06, 06:44 AM
18HP Briggs Carb - Where does the small rubber tube connect?

I found several cracks in the fuel line leading from the fuel pump to the carb on my JD/B&S 18HP VTwin engine. While poking around at the connection of the fuel line to the carb, I found a much smaller rubber tube 'free' on one end and attached to the carb just in front of the fuel line connection.

Thinking I must have pulled it loose from 'something', I pulled the shroud off and cannot find what the other end of this small tube connects to???? JD parts guy couldn't figure it out either, but thought it might be a drain line in case the carb floods.

Any help would be appreciated. Great forum btw.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-06, 06:57 AM
It could be from the bowl vent but I have never seen one on a Briggs. If you said it were a Kawasaki engine, I'd say "yeah, that's what it is". The only other possibility is that it actually connects to the air cleaner housing and the other end connects to the crankcase breather.

Old 03-11-06, 07:08 AM
I'm checking the website you posted earlier...downloading the parts list. On a slow dial up so its still downloading.

Its definately a B&G...Model 350777.

Thanks for the reply!!

Old 03-11-06, 07:12 AM
Found it..

Its noted as a 'Tube Vent, Cut to required length'. Would one assume then that it is meant to be unattached on the end opposite the carb. The way it was running was back up under the engine cover, not toward the air filter.