Wizard rotor tiller

Old 03-20-06, 03:34 PM
Wizard rotor tiller

I've got a rotor tiller with a horizontal shaft Briggs and Stratton engine. I've done some work on it and it starts and runs fine. However the governor seems to be not working right. When I start it the engine tries to run faster than wot. It does this wherever I set the throttle. I can take the throttle valve on the carburator and operate it between idle and wot. When I do this, I can watch the governor and it doesn't move. Should I pull the engine apart and look at the governor and see whats wrong? The numbers on the engine are: M - 130202, T - 0135-10, C - 73091407. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-06, 08:35 PM
It wouldn't be a bad idea to check inside, easy to do on a horizontal as well, just make sure to have a new gasket handy.

Old 03-20-06, 08:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I agree, the governors on those engines have problems sometimes. Sometimes they don't hold onto the stud that they ride on, and come apart.

Old 03-21-06, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the advice V8driver and cheese. Think I'll go into it and see whats wrong.

Old 03-29-06, 11:32 AM
I'm afraid this one's junk. When I got it apart there was a long gouge (from top to bottom of the piston travel) of its cylinder.