Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman LT1000 Kohler No Spark Help!

04-02-06, 10:43 AM   #1  
Craftsman LT1000 Kohler No Spark Help!

Okay, hears my story. I've been deployed to Iraq with the Army for the last 17 months. While gone my wife had the lawn done by a professional group. Now that I'm back I want to do it. So I tried to fire up my Craftsman (Tractor) LT 1000 Kohler 16HP OHV. Unfortunately it would not start. It was getting spark but not gas. I know this because I pulled the plug and checked it against the frame. Definite spark was seen. Next I used starting fluid and sure enough it would fire and run on the starting fluid. Based on this I speculated that it was not getting gas. So cleaned all the gas lines, the carburetor, and replaced the fuel. When I cleaned the carburetor it appeared to be gummed up as I had not had time to do anything to prepare the mower before I left. Once I put it back together I attempted to start it. Now, it is getting gas, but there is no spark. I havenít tried replacing the plug yet, but Iím going to give it a shot. Why would taking off the carburetor and cleaning it cause the mower to lose spark. Anyone got any ideas. Help!!

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-02-06, 12:37 PM   #2  
Try the new plug first. If still no spark, look under the gas tank on the right hand side of the mower. There are probably 3 relays there if this mower has a SAM module. One of these relays is likely stuck. You can pop the black cover off the relay and clean it out and most times that's all it needs. The relay you're looking for probably has a white wire and a few black wires going to it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread