Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

substituting a carb on my Shindaiwa T-20 trimmer

CAL

04-05-06, 06:38 PM   #1  
substituting a carb on my Shindaiwa T-20 trimmer

I may be able to buy a Walbro WZ-34 carburator at a low price and from a photo it looks identical to the original carb (WZ-8c) on my Shindaiwa T-20 trimmer. Does anyone know if I can make this switch or where I would find a substitution table.

I've been looking at the Walbro carb website and comparing the parts list from these two carburators. Many/most of the parts are the same, like the metering diaphram...but some that might be crucial are different (ie: the "spring-metering lever" and the "needle-power").

The WZ-34 is used on a Tanaka 20cc straight shaft brush/grass cutter and the WZ-8C is used on my Shindaiwa 20cc straight shaft, so that part is close.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this kind of switch?

jc

Sponsored Links

NY

04-06-06, 02:56 AM   #2  
I compared the two in my Walbro manual and I'd say you can make this swap without any trouble. They both have the same size venturi and the only noticeable difference is, as you have pointed out, the spring. I don't know the tension difference but you may want to use the spring from the original carburetor.

04-12-06, 07:29 PM   #3  
Not trying to hijack a thread,but where is a good online site to find parts for trimmer.My father-in-law gave me his dad's (now deceased) old t-20.I'm needing the fuel tank and air filter assembly.

thanks,
the rubes

CAL

04-13-06, 01:49 AM   #4  
A good starting point is googling "shindaiwa parts". Then you can probably get a parts breakdown at shindaiwa.com. Take the parts number to your local lawnmower shop and they can probably order them for you, if they don't already have them. Or try the many online parts vendors. Or try eBay.

jc

CAL

04-13-06, 01:51 AM   #5  
Puey61, thanks for making the comparison. I took a chance and bought the carb ($15 on ebay including shipping) so I'll find out the hard way if it works.

jc

NY

04-13-06, 02:45 AM   #6  
Your welcome and let us know how it turns out.

NY

06-07-12, 09:39 AM   #7  
substitue for wz-15

I have a wz-15 and want to substitue it with a wz-8, will this work for me?
jbcarey

Search this Thread