lawn mower blues!!!

Old 04-08-06, 04:36 PM
lawn mower blues!!!

i am, or at least was the proud owner of a scott's rear propelled lawn mower. I am now guessing they are not made anymore, thought the thing is only about 3 years old. I need a new drive belt, since, even after adjusting the tension, the thing will barely pull itself along. I have looked everywhere, but cannot find where to get a replacement belt. the scott's website is no help, since mowers are not even listed. the one place i was ab le to enter the belt item number from the manual, it came up as a murray....the mower has a tecumseh engine. Help....any ideas where i can get the right belt, a generic, or whatever?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-06, 05:23 PM
belt finder

When I am looking for parts I go to the owners manual, some times it has a tech. help phone line to call they my be able to help you. If you have more than one speed you could have a metal disc that a rubber disc rides on, witch needs adjusting or one of the drive belt pullys have come loose on its shaft. If it just a worn belt take it off and go to a mower shop they can probebly give you a good match make sure the belt has not slipped off a pully and make sure the pullys are clean. good luck. friday

Last edited by cheese; 04-08-06 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-08-06, 06:13 PM
lawn mower blues

thanks, i did read the manual, and the only site that i could find a belt that matched my part number was prefaced by it being for a murray mower. I am guessing that murray produced mowers for scott. now i just have to either order one over the internet, or as you said, take in my belt and try and have it matched up. Thanks alot for answering me.

Old 04-08-06, 06:28 PM
belt finder

check out this web sight

Lawnmower Parts http://www.psep.biz/store/lawn_mower_parts.htm

friday

Last edited by friday; 04-09-06 at 06:22 AM.
Old 04-08-06, 07:21 PM
There is probably a business around you that sells belts to factories, they usually have any kind of belt you could think of and there cheep. Look in the phone book, will probably be called a rubber supply.

Old 04-09-06, 03:58 AM
John Deere supports the Scotts mower, chech this out webpage for information:

http://www.deere.com/en_US/scotts/pa...formation.html