Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

chain brake assemblly

04-12-06, 09:43 AM   #1  
chain brake assemblly

I have a McMulloch eagerbeaver 2.0ci chain saw.[mod#600032-28] ser#11-049467. problem is i got it started, wasnt running. Is now, but the chain brake isnt working properly. the chain is always ingaged. it should only engage when the chain brake is disengaged.how do i adjust this so that the chain isnt always running.

Sponsored Links

AL

04-12-06, 01:56 PM   #2  
More than likely the chain break isn't going to be the problem.The engine is runing too fast,in which a simple carb.ajustment is in order.Or your clutch drum is wore out.
But not being anywhere close ,I'd bank on the clutch drum being wore.
good luck on finding another since McColluch went out of business a number of years ago.

04-14-06, 08:16 AM   #3  
not the chain brake. high idle speed, either lo speed screw set too lean or idle stop screw in too far, or a broken clutch spring. leaking crank seal will also lean out mixture and cause high idle speed.

04-17-06, 09:53 AM   #4  
Thanks gent's,I did take the carb off and cleaned it.When i put the whole thing together it was'nt running like it was before. theres not many hrs on it , so I made some adjustments to the carb and it's running fine now. again thanks for the help.
Semper Fi !

Search this Thread