Craftsman mower won't stay running

Old 04-13-06, 07:11 AM
Angry Craftsman mower won't stay running

I have a Craftsman 5.0 push mower that is about 8 yrs old. I changed the fuel bowl seal and cleaned out the fuel bowl, changed the air filter and mower blade and cleaned the spark plug. I used the mower to cut the front yard (about 15 min) shut if it off and moved to the back yard now the mower will only run about 4 or 5 seconds. Does any one have any suggestions?

Last edited by hanshew527; 04-13-06 at 08:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-06, 11:22 AM
Take a can of carb cleaner and blow up that hole where the fuel bowl nut goes up into, and all other holes you can find and see. Is this a tecumseh?

Old 04-13-06, 03:15 PM
Bear in mind that spray cleaner may not be enough if you have heavy varnish build-up. In this case, you will need to remove the carburetor and soak it in a bath cleaner (I like Napa #6401) and recondition it with a Tecumseh carb. kit. If you do this be sure to remove all rubber and most plastic components from the carb. first as this is very powerful stuff. Also use hand and eye protection.

Old 04-13-06, 07:12 PM
Talking

I wanted to thank you for the good advice. I took the air hose to the carb and then use the carb spray and everything is working great.

Thanks for all the help

Old 04-13-06, 07:18 PM
Glad to hear it!