deck woes

Old 04-14-06, 04:28 PM
deck woes

hello I have a old murray 46 inch deck 3 blades I went to sharpen the blade yesterday and when I put them back on I heard a clicking sound when I engaged the blades, A little look see and I saw the right side blade was hitting the outside of the deck ( like the blade was longer on 1 side then the other. after takeing the blade off I noticed the Belleville washer was rounded out a bit would this make the blade act this way ?

Crom

PS the part # for the washer is 17X166 Washer, Belleville

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-06, 06:45 PM
more than likely you're hitting the deck liner with a blade that was on another spindle when you took them off. check for a bent liner. you can check the blade run out also just to rule it out. locate the blade tip with a straight edge, rotate 180 degrees and check for consistancy.

Old 04-17-06, 05:17 AM
No, the bell washer being oblong won't affect the centering of the blade, only how well the nut will stay tight. Only the blade center will affect this. What is your chassis' ID numbers? I don't believe that you have three (or even two) different length blades but I'll check based on your model and serial numbers.

Search this Thread