Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Homelite Weedeater Gas engine system

MO

04-14-06, 07:00 PM   #1  
Homelite Weedeater Gas engine system

Help. Excuse me if I don't explain this right. I have a Homelite Weedeater that I got at a garage sale. It works fine, runs good, however, when I put the line in it has two levels to the round spinner. Is this a tap and go system? How I do I put the line in so I don't have to shut it off and unscrew the top and feed the line out again every time the line runs short? Help please. Thanks

Sponsored Links

04-14-06, 09:13 PM   #2  
Go to any big box hardware store and buy a pre-filled line spool for your homelite. They sell the line on a spool that will drop right in your weedeater, provided you buy the right spool for your machine.

Pay attention to how the string is wound around the spool. That will show you exactly how to wind the new line on it when you run out.

NY

04-15-06, 05:53 AM   #3  
If you have a curved shaft trimmer, the lines will be wound counterclockwise (as viewed from the bottom of the spool) and clockwise (as viewed from the bottom) if a straight shaft trimmer.

Search this Thread