Sears Craftsman Bushwacker

Old 04-16-06, 06:42 AM
S
sod
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sears Craftsman Bushwacker

I have a Sears Craftsman Bushwacker with 21cc engine and 22" bar. Its about 6 years old and until now has had no problem. It ran perfectly the last time I used it last fall.

Today when I went to start it for the first time this spring, the pull rope wouldn't move. Do you think the engine is seized? If so, what can I do about it? Also what else may be the problem? I pulled the plug to see if it was causing an obsruction and tried the rope again. No change, still locked up. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Old 04-16-06, 09:00 AM
Since you didn't have any problems of this nature when you stored it last fall,I would think that the chances of the engine itself being locked-up is gona be slim and none.You might try taking the shaft off to see if that is locked up.
Another thang that I have found in working on theese is bolts and or debres stuck in between the coil and the flywheel,or the starter rope itself wraped around inside.Take the 4 screws out (two longer & two short) and inspect.Be sure to put these screws back in the same places (long screw,short screw,it does mattter).

Reply back on updates or more problems/questions

Old 04-16-06, 09:52 AM
S
sod
Thanks repair guy

I will have to work on it later this week. The Easter ham is done and so am as the family is arriving. Have a Happy Easter (that includes all on this board).

Old 04-17-06, 12:30 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Maybe a silly question, but have you checked to be sure the chain brake isn't engaged? Sometimes it won't allow the engine to turn over if the clutch drum is wearing out.

Old 04-17-06, 04:50 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
I can't picture what this machine is...What is it? Chainsaw? Weed trimmer? The description of being a bushwacker with a 16" blade is throwing me off.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: