Above my head??

Old 04-17-06, 06:10 PM
Above my head??

Hey guys. My neighbors friend dropped off an older Roper tractor with an 18 hp briggs, model 422437,type 0721 02, code 85112112. No spark. I've disconnected the safety switches, & no spark. I suspect the coil assy, but to get a better look, I need the fan shroud off. Is there a special tool to remove the P.T.O. pully adaptor at the rear of the engine? This is a 2 cyl, horizontal crank, horizontally opposed engine with a P.T.O. on both ends of the crank!! Thanks for any help!! Roger.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-06, 01:21 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I know this setup, but I can't remember what is holding the pulley and all on there. Seems like it's just 4 bolts going through the pulley, adapter, and into the flywheel. Is there more to it than that? Been awhile since I've had to pull one of those down.

Old 04-18-06, 04:31 PM
Thanks, Cheese. I already had the 4 5/16 bolts out of the pulley, & the 2 3/8 bolts out of the adaptor, but I guess I was being too gentle with it. The owner uses it for blowing snow & salt & aluminum make things stuck I was able to gently pry the pulley adaptor off, 4 little screws on the fan shield, & 2 more 3/8 bolts & I'm able to pull the fan shroud off Again, Thanks for the help I'll let you know what I find !! Roger