Craftsman Weedwacker idle woes

Old 04-21-06, 07:10 PM
Cool Craftsman Weedwacker idle woes

"Problem is... this should be easily fixed."

My Craftsman weedwacker (model 358.795571) will start with the "Start Lever" in the START position. However, when I touch the throttle, it dies. I can't adjust the idle screw because it won't run long enough in the RUN position to do anything. Adjusting the idle screw 1/4 turn at a time and restarting it each time did NOT help. Adjusting the idle screw while it's running in the START position also changes nothing.

If it's a mixture problem, I'm not sure how to change the setting (unless the recommendation is to adjust the screws 1/4 turn at a time and restart it each time) ~ trying to adjust it while it's running wide open in the START position might be a challenge.

Even though I have less than 20 hours on this weed wacker (but well past the warranty date), I probably won't pay $40-$60 to have a "professional" look at it when I only paid $75 for it in the first place.

Thanks in advance...

Thor
If it can't be fixed, I'll fix it with a HAMMER.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-06, 09:01 PM
Sounds like you have trash in the carb, simple rebuild kit and soaking in carb cleaner/blow out with air and cleaner should do it.