Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

McCullogh MAC 80-SX Trimmer gsa/oil mix?

MN

04-22-06, 06:19 PM   #1  
McCullogh MAC 80-SX Trimmer gsa/oil mix?

Today I bought a used MAC 80-SX sting trimmer for my son who just bought his first home. The owner's manual say that the gas/oil mix should be a 20:1 ratio if you are using regular two cycle lubricant and not using McCullogh' custom lubricant. Can this be for real? I have never heard of a two cycle engine that requires a 20:1 ratio. The most I have ever heard of is 32:1, and even that is rare, with 40 to 50:1 being the common ratio. Can someone confirm the 20:1 ratio for this engine. Thanks

Sponsored Links

CO

04-22-06, 06:54 PM   #2  
oil

Many manufacturers recommend that you use twice the oil if you don't use their oil. If you use a high quality oil(Husky, Stihl, Echo...)use it at 40:1. There are many older engines that use 16:1.

AJ

04-22-06, 07:23 PM   #3  
Yes thats a load of bull... then when it won't work, they might ask you if you were using they're oil, and when you say no then they blame it on what you were using. You can use any 2 cycle oil designed to be used in air cooled 2 cycles. 40:1 is fine...

Search this Thread