Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

toro lawn tractor wont start!!!

04-23-06, 05:01 AM   #1  
toro lawn tractor wont start!!!

I have a toro riding mower with a 12 horse briggs, I replaced the flywheel becase it was missing some teeth. After I put it back together it started right up,I let it run for about two minutes then shut it off. I put the cover back on and tried starting it again, it won,t start. Its getting fuel and has spark. I tried starting fluid but just pops one time through the carb. I checked and replaced all fuses ( they looked fine) it's really frustrating. Thanks for any advice
I also replaced the spark plug.

Sponsored Links

Non-US

04-23-06, 08:27 AM   #2  
What did you torque the flywheel nut to? You may have to pull the cover & flywheel off again. If the nut wasn' tight enough, the flywheel will turn on the crank & shear the key & ignition timing will be off.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-24-06, 01:44 AM   #3  
I agree. I'd bet my boots that your flywheel key is sheared. Also, do not put any grease or lubricant of any kind on the crankshaft where the flywheel installs.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

05-06-06, 05:22 AM   #4  
Toro Lawn tractor

Thanks for the advice ,the key was sheared. I made shure I tourqed it down,it runs great.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-08-06, 12:06 AM   #5  
Great! Glad we could help, and thanks for the update!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread