Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Troy Bilt weed eater no tension

04-23-06, 12:04 PM   #1  
Troy Bilt weed eater no tension

I have a Troy Bilt weed eater, and while weed eating, it lost power. There is now no tension on the rope pull at all, making me think the shaft somehow either broke or became disengaged. It was working fine until this, and is less than a year old. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links

04-23-06, 06:52 PM   #2  
Any warranty? let them deal with it... is this a split boom straight? or just a straight? clutched maybe? Need a little more info on it.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-24-06, 01:33 AM   #3  
The pull rope comes out, but is not turning anything, or is it turning the engine, but it doesn't feel like it has compression?

With the description so far, I guess you have a blown engine, but there's not enough info to go on yet.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

04-24-06, 07:39 PM   #4  
Thanks for the replies: I guess the first thing I need to do is check to see if I have a warranty. It is the type of shaft that changes (snaps out) heads, blower, trimmer, edger etc. It is curved. I may be wrong, but I don't think I blew the engine. I tapped it to release more line, and it felt like the shaft just gave way. I didn't tap it hard, but maybe it just stopped the shaft from turning- and something gave. The pull rope has no tension to speak of. I do appreciate the help.

04-24-06, 09:11 PM   #5  
So its a split boom.... take the attachment off and look at the aluminum connector, make sure that isn't stripped or blown apart. Take the plug out, stick a driver in to touch the piston, pull on it to see if the piston still moves up and down. If it doesn't, then I'd check over the recoil starter, Is it that spring assist deal? If thats ok and turning it over pops out the little dogs, then I'd turn the engine over by hand while you have it off.

Search this Thread